Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 20

August 3, 2012

I got a new set of significantly less confusing instructions from Davide today. He also answered a bunch of the questions that I had. I started to re-write the code I started yesterday that got deleted.Which is not a big deal, as most of it was wrong anyway! But I learned that I should save a copy of my code... so that it doesn't get erased.... and then I have to entirely redo it.
I also went to a meeting where a bunch of undergraduate students gave short (5-10 minute)  presentations. It was interesting to see what they had been doing, and their presentations gave me a good idea of things I want to do for my presentation, as well as some things to avoid (too much text, text too small, too many images that are too small) for my own presentation.
I also won a random game of euchre in the reading room... fun times!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 19

August 2, 2012

Today I spent most of the day researching IDL stuff online to figure out what I'm trying to do with the new code I'm writing. In the end, I emailed my boss, and hopefully I'll get a better idea of what I'm supposed to be doing by tomorrow. I also started my final presentation today... still a lot of work left to do, but it's looking good so far!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 18

August 1, 2012

I looked for a platypus. I couldn't find it. YAY.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 17

July 31, 2012

Things actually made sense today.... I finally got caught up on my research journal, ALL equations and data and pictures and links to URLs FINALLY work like they should. I also debugged my program in IDL, so that it no longer tells me everything I do is WRONG. Then I ran the program and made sure that all of the data was doing what it was supposed to. And it did!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 16

July 30, 2012

Today I spent the day getting caught up on my research journal and fixing it. How fun. I also tried to do the weekly intern challenge. It's going great.